By this time, reading my all previous baking related blogs, one must have got how much I love combining fruits in baking. Here is a new recipe of strawberry cupcakes, which is definitely unique since it does not involve jell-o but actual strawberry puree.
- 1 ½ cup chopped or diced strawberries
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature (divided into 4 & 3 tablespoons)
- 2/3rd cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ tablespoon curd / 1 egg
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven at 375º F/ 190º C.
- In a skillet, preferably cast iron, heat 4 tablespoons of butter. Once it starts melting, add strawberries and sugar. On medium low flame, let the mixture boil for 15-20 minutes. If you prefer strawberry chunks in cupcake then mash it lightly. If you do not prefer chunks then let the mixture cool down and then grind it in a blender.
- Now add all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder in this mixture and mix it well with the help of spatula.
- Pour the batter in cupcake liners and bake till it passes the knife test.
- Now before preparing frosting, make sure that the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature. In a large bowl, mash cream cheese with the help of spatula and then add butter and confectioner’s sugar. Mix it with hand mixer on medium speed till you get desired consistency.
- Let the cupcakes completely cool down before you start decorating them with the frosting.