I never had a “thing” for brownie. Before this recipe happened, if anybody would have given me options for dessert, I would have kept brownie as my last option. I never liked it because of its chewy texture, and even if I had it, I always combined it with vanilla ice cream to sooth that chewy pain. The same thing goes for Dulce de Leche. I never liked its sticky texture so I left eating Cadbury’s Five star chocolate bar in my childhood.
I still don’t know what made me experiment brownies so many times. I even don’t know what I was experimenting exactly, whether to find what makes it chewy or to make it less chewy. But a sweet accident happened and I ended up making cake-like brownie with soft texture and slightly fluffy interior instead of dense chewy brownie.
- 1/3rd Cup melted butter (must be at room temperature)
- 1 1/4th cup condensed milk
- 5/8th cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4th cup curd
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- 1/4th teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 dollops of dulce de leche
- Preheat oven at 350º F/ 180º C.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter and condensed milk together till it gets creamy texture.
- Whisk curd in separate bowl and make it smooth. Add it in above creamy batter. Whisk it again. Curd will help brownie to hold moisture.
- Add vanilla essence and melted chocolate in above batter and whisk it well.
- Now add dry ingredients in portion in above batter. Mix it well with the help of spatula. Do not over mix it, just few spatula turns should be enough.
- Grease a baking pan and set a parchment paper into it. I always prefer parchment paper to be excess in size since it makes convenient to pull out brownie easily. Pour the 1/3rd of batter into pan and level it. Pour three dollops of dulce de leche on it and make any design you want or just spread it. Then pour the remaining batter and level it. Put remaining dollops on top and again draw any design on it or just spread it evenly.
- Bake this brownie for approximately 25-30 minutes or till it passes the knife test. Mine was done in exact 27 minutes.