Lately, I have observed one thing about me that from just liking blueberries, I have become obsessed about them. Any time I open my fridge, I want them right in front of my eyes on the very top shelf. If I can’t see them there, I start worrying about what to put in pancakes, in smoothies, in breads, in muffins. Ohh myy… I have so fallen in love with that natural deep purplish color that I want it in all my recipes.
So I decided to dedicate one delicacy to this beauty and here is the recipe for it.
- 1 pint blueberries
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/3rd cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs (yolk and whites separated)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (1 stick= 8 tablespoons/half cup)
- Preheat oven to 375º F / 190º C.
- Sift the flour with baking soda. Keep it aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites and salt together till shiny peaks come up.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar till it gets creamy texture. Now add egg yolks and beat on high speed.
- Once the batter is mixed well, keep beater on low speed and add half of the dry ingredients.
- Now add milk to the batter and mix it well followed by remaining dry ingredients.
- Wash blueberries and pat them dry. Apply some flour so that it won’t sink down to the bottom. Add blueberries and lime zest to batter. Mix it with the help of spatula till all blueberries get coated with batter.
- Bake for approximately, 35-40 minutes or till it passes the knife test. Mine took exactly 38 minutes.
This bread is ridiculously tasty and soft. It melts in your mouth. Hence, no need to apply any butter or jam to it. Enjoy with your coffee or tea.