I need to clear first that this is just an experimental dish, which turned tasty accidentally. So can’t wait to share it with you. Egg is a kind of an ingredient with which, I guess no experiment will go flop. If you are making scrambled eggs but if you miss getting the consistency right, not to worry, just add onions and tomatoes to it and it becomes bhurji. If you are trying to boil an egg and if it breaks while putting in hot water, not to worry, it will become a poached egg. It’s kind of comfortable to work with eggs.
This recipe is pretty simple and quick to prepare. And best enjoyed with any type of flatbread.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped tomato
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of capsicum, finely chopped (this is optional, and also you can add any vegetable of your liking)
- ½ tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- Chop boiled eggs and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan and add chilies.
- The moment chilies start popping; add onion and sauté till it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till its raw aroma goes away.
- Add tomato and sauté till it becomes mushy.
- Now add turmeric, chili powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
- Finally add chopped egg and capsicum. On low flame, mix it well for two minutes and turn off stove.
Serve hot with flatbread.