I have seen my grandpa doing banana farming since my childhood. In the state of Maharashtra (India), Vasai is famous for producing bananas. So it is no wonder they have their own unique recipes for bananas. At my home, we always had uneven ratio of family members to bananas. The latter has always exceeded in number. So when these bananas used to over ripen, my mother used to prepare Umber for snacks.
- 3 Bananas, over ripe
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 tablespoon wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon jaggery (optional)
- salt as per taste
- Mash all the bananas with the help of fork.
- Add jaggery. Over ripened bananas are already sweet, so you can skip this step if you are not so fond of sweet.
- Add rice flour, salt and wheat flour. Mix it well. Do not add water. Batter should neither be runny nor thick.
- Heat oil in pan and put one tablespoon of batter in it and deep fry till it turns brown.