Today, I have tried another recipe from the book “Baking – from my home to yours” by Dorie Greenspan.
It is basically breakfast muffins. I personally suggest to have it for breakfast on a Monday. Many of us suffer from so called “Monday Blues” almost every Monday. Antioxidants from blueberries and the tangy taste of orange early in the morning will make your Mondays happening. The aroma of baking orange zest will turn your Monday blues in to oranges, very vibrant, enthusiastic with a subtle hint of freshness.
- Orange zest of one orange.
- ½ cup orange juice (I used Minute Maid, you can use freshly squeezed juice also)
- 1 Tablespoon curd
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted, melted and cooled butter
- One large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Handful of blueberries
- Rub sugar and orange zest together in separate bowl till sugar become moist and fragrance of orange is strong. Keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 400º F / 205º C.
- Mix all dry ingredients (Flour, baking powder, baking soda) and keep aside in separate bowl.
- Mix orange juice and curd.
- Add butter, egg and honey in orange juice and curd mixture and whisk it thoroughly.
- Now add all dry ingredients in sugar and orange zest mixture and mix it well.
- Pour wet mixture on dry ingredients and blend it well with spatula.
- Spray muffin pan with oil and pour batter in it. Fill ¾th of portion so that muffin will form a good shape when baking.
P.S. I made some of my own changes to the recipe in the book. But it turned out well.