I am very happy to write my first blog about “Mushrooms”. As my username suggests, I am literally a fan of mushrooms. I have come across few people who hate mushrooms because of their slimy texture. But I can bet that if cooked properly, it’s a hell of an awesome dish.
If you sauté mushroom in small pan by over crowding them, then they will definitely become sludgy. Because when you heat mushroom, it starts releasing water. If we sauté mushrooms in large pan, without over crowding them, on high flame, they will definitely not become slimy or sludgy because water content will be evaporated.
Another best part about mushroom is, if you sauté it in olive oil with finely chopped garlic, it will smell heavenly.
Today’s recipe will not require much ingredients or skills. It will take hardly 10-15 minutes to prepare.
- 3-4 Portobello Mushroom caps, sliced
- ½ Onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- Salt as per taste
- Heat Olive oil and add sliced onions to it.
- Once the onions become translucent, add garlic.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and keep stirring on high frame.
- Once the mushrooms become soft and dark, add salt, soy sauce, sriracha sauce and sauté for a minute. Serve while hot.
- You can add Parmesan cheese on it while serving.
- This dish can be served as main dish with flatbread, roti etc. or as a side dish with any main rice dish.