Our trip to Florida left my fruits to ripen. After returning home, the first thing I realized was that my home was filled by the sweet smell of over ripened fruits. Though it was a temporary fragrance, that day was not far when that fragrance would turn into rotten smell. So I had to take some measures to avoid that. Throwing them away in trash was absolutely not the one. Smoothies and milkshakes were definitely not good options.
And here again, the amateur baker within me came up with an idea. I thought why not mix this sweetness of fruits with some flour and enjoy it with some black coffee. On top of that, my husband loves such combinations. Two birds in one stone, isn’t it?
Here comes the Fruit Cake:
- 4 small(mini) bananas / 2 big bananas
- 2 mangoes
- Handful of Blue berries
- 1 Tablespoon Orange zest
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Mix all dry ingredients well and keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 400º F / 205º C.
- Mash bananas and mango pulp and beat them with sugar till the mixture blends well.
- Add orange zest in above mixture and mix it with spatula.
- Add milk, oil and mix well by spatula only.
- Now add dry ingredients in portions slowly and beat it on slow speed. Make sure no lumps remain.
- Spray the pan with oil and sprinkle some flour for greasing. Add batter in the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Check with needle or knife, if it comes clean then your cake is ready.
You can also put the batter in cupcake mold and make cupcakes. Also, the recipe uses milk instead of butter to cut down calories.